tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Technician
Experience:  8 years as Computer Support Specialist which allows me to work on printers, projectors, networks, et
35117564

HP Photosmart 6515 will not print black ink.

HP Photosmart 6515 will not print black ink. I have cleaned the heads with the tools on the printer. I have changed the cartridge with three different ones. When I ran the sheets the black would start then fade out. I have tried copying and the come out blank.

If the black ink will not print then the print head is faulty and needs to be replaced to fix this issue. First I would try cleaning the print head to see if you can get the black ink to print. If cleaning does not correct the issue then it is definitely a bad print head and will need to be replaced

JACUSTOMER-1ec50mrl- : Where can i get this done?
tbwhite2040 : You can run a print head cleaning using your control panel on the printer itself.
JACUSTOMER-1ec50mrl- : I have done this several times
tbwhite2040 : http://www.worldclassink.com/HP-PhotoSmart-6515-Printhead-printer26152-ift18.html. This is a link for the print head and there should be a lever beside the printhead that releases the print head to replace it.
JACUSTOMER-1ec50mrl- : Can i change this myself.
tbwhite2040 : Yes.