Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Please help. I own Epson Workforce 310 Series, Model C362B.

Customer Question
Please help. I own Epson Workforce...
Please help.
I own Epson Workforce 310 Series, Model C362B. It is almost 3 years old but it worked so well I even purchased one for a family memeber.

Here is my problem. I had a paper jam and I pulled the sheet out from the output opening. The "on" light and "Auto Answer/Space" keeps blinking with the error reading "See your documentation". I've checked everthing I can think of but cannot get the printer working again.

Help,
Lynn
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
10/7/2012
Technician: Printer Expert, Printer Pro replied 5 years ago
Printer Expert
Printer Expert, Printer Pro

printerexpert :

Without turning off the printer, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer if using wireless or ehternet connection then skip to the next step.

Remove the cartridges from the printer.

Remove the papers from the tray

Wait until a message to insert the cartridges displays. If you do not see a message within a few minutes, follow the next step.

Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.

Wait 60 seconds.

Reconnect the power cord. If the printer does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.

Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the printer.

If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.

Try printing again.

If you get a paper jam error follow the steps given.

printerexpert :

There would be some piece of paper, clips, paper sticker or something which might be stuck inside the printer and you are not able to access it. In that case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it well for few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much that you can access or see if something is really stuck,The electrical sensor and parts which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam may have issues either there is dust on it or its gone bad and might need to be replaced. You can first open up the printer and blow air in it use a compressed air to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then then the printer needs a repair due to sensor problem check out the repair cost before you opt for a new Printer.

JACUSTOMER-go0rjkv4- :

Printer Expert,

Step 1) I removed the usb cable

Step 2) to remove cartridges from printer, the instruction book advises to press tge COPY button and MENU button, press up or down arrows to select Maintenance.

Well here is the none-result: no action received upon pressing COPY button and then MENU button.

Please advise.

printerexpert :

you have rated poor service without letting us know if the solution has worked or not, let me know if we need to check something else.

printerexpert :

Please note, you can ask as many questions you want till the problem is fixed, dont rate the answer instead use the reply to expert button to continue with the chat and troubleshooting.

Please cancel my request for service. I could not get my printer to respond to pressing the COPY Button and MENU button.

No progress was made to recitfying my problem.