Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother printer MFC -210C is showing the error message "Unable…

Customer Question
My Brother printer MFC -210C...
My Brother printer MFC -210C is showing the error message "Unable to clean see troubleshooting and routine maintenance chapter in users guide".
I have done all the paper jam checks and all seems to be clear, but the message persist. What could the problem be?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
10/2/2012
Technician: Travis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Travis B.
Travis B., Technician

Establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.

If there is a Machine Error, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.

Alright, This error is quite common on the Brother model.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following steps created by Brother in this step by step guide to try resolving the error message:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/eu/eu_ot/en/faq/faq/000000/000500/000065/faq000565_000.html?reg=eu&c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=fax1840c_all

If the above method didn't work, as it looks like you have also tried this already

Unable to init, unable to print, unable to clean, unable 36, error 46, 50 and error 32 are all print head errors.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced.

If you do all the steps and still nothing your print head is bad and or needs replacing.

Also try cleaning the print head:

(1) Open the printer
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now.

If that does not work then most likely the printer will have to be replaced. It sounds like it may be a mechanical failure in the carriage.

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with Brother, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Brother and HP were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services repair, and new units.
(even if out of warranty).

Glad I could be of assistance, god bless!

Travis B.

Thanks have tried all the above it seems I have error 46 and the printer may be stuffed

Thanks for your help

Norman.

OUCH error 46 yes this isn't good!

Also try cleaning the print head:

(1) Open the printer
(6) Try to print something now.

(even if out of warranty).

Travis B.
Travis B.
Travis B.
Travis B., Technician