Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

my canon printer is mg5200 is offline. it used to work until

my canon printer is mg5200 is offline. it used to work until i got a new hardrive installed, please help
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. What version of windows or mac is on your computer? Do you have the printers installation disc still?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

windows 2010 is installed and yes i do still have the disc

Please bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)
Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.
If you need any clarification on this or have any questions about it please let me know, if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that is how this site credits me for my time. Also please note you are rating my service only and not this site or your Canon. If for some reason you try to rate and you are not able to please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you so so much, i have been battling with this problem for hours and hours and it is now working!!

Your welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day, please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.