Printer Doctor
Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience:  10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
40076313

HP Photosmart C7280My printer prints our 2 copies when ever

HP Photosmart C7280
My printer prints our 2 copies when ever I post print through my computer or just make a copy.

Printer Doctor :

Hi there. The Printer Doctor is in and ready to help you! Please answer all my questions about your problem so that I can give my best diagnosis.

When you change copy settings from the control panel, the settings apply only to the current copy job. To apply copy settings to all future copy jobs, you can save the settings as defaults.

To set default copy settings from the control panel:

1. Make any needed changes to the copy settings.
2. Press Copy Menu. The Copy Menu appears.
3. Press the DOWN ARROW to highlight Set As New Defaults, and then press OK.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to highlight Yes, change defaults, and then press OK.

Customer:

Are you asking me to make changes through my computer? or direct with the printer?

Customer:

On the printer I pressed copy\ numner of copies. where do I change 2 to 1 I do not see any arrow

Printer Doctor :

Direct with the printer. However, you can also do this directly in the driver for the printer by going to Start, then Printer & Faxes, then Right-click on the printer name. From the drop-down menu, left-click on Printing Preferences and change the number of copies to 1. Click OK.

Printer Doctor :

Here is the User Manual for the printer in PDF. Go to the following link for more information on this:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01102249.pdf

Customer:

Your suggestions do not match what is displayed on my printer

Printer Doctor :

I'm sorry. I am going to opt-out and release your question to another expert who may be able to better direct you.

Printer Doctor, Sr. Printer Technician
Experience: 10,000+ hrs direct troubleshoot, repair and rebuilding hp, Lexmark/Dell inkjet and laser printers
Please - to allow me to double-check - look at the manufacturer's label on the back side or the under side of your HP printer, and note the exact model # XXXXX there. Let me know what it is please. Thanks.

With that information I may be able to direct you as to what is wrong or what to do about it... but I would also like to make sure I understand properly what the problem is:

Is the double-printed-out-result problem occurring both when
1. you do a photocopy by placing an original on the machine and then using the machine's controls to do a Copy ?
and
2. when you do a Print job from your computer to the HP device?