Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer that I ran with…

I have an Epson Stylus...
I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer that I ran with Windows XP for several years. Two years ago I purchased a new computer with Windows 7, which Microsoft and Epson say the printer is compatible with. Periodically, when I wanted to print I would get a "Scanner error occurred" message. I would turn the printer off, then on again and the error cleared out. But now I'm getting error message every time I turn on the printer. Turning it off and on again doesn't clear the error message and I can't print. I ran the trouble shooter, which suggested I make the Epson my default printer. I did that. No luck. Then, I downloaded and installed the 64-bit update utility for the printer that I found on the Epson website. That utility installed the file as a new printer (I mean the old deriver is still there as well as updated one) Still no luck. What more can I do?
7/1/2012
sandy
sandy, Engineer
Hello Sir/Madam, Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Press Ctrl+D so that can return to this page easily.

Please disconnect the Printer cable from the back of the computer.

Now, uninstall the printer software as under:

click start, control panel, programs and features(Add or Remove is you have Windows xp) and uninstall all of the printer software related items listed there.

Please click start, click control panel, click Printers. Please right click on your printer icon and choose Delete/remove.

Now, please restart your computer and install the printer driver

Note: Please do not connect the printer cable now. Please connect once you get a message to connect it or once the installation is complete.

Please click start, right click computer and click Properties. Now, please check if you have 32 bit or 64 bit operating system.

Please open the following link:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=35361&infoType=Downloads

Please choose your operating system(32 bit or 64 bit) and download, install the printer driver.

Please Rate my Answer with 3-5 stars to compensate me for my work, time and efforts.

If not fixed or you have queries, please reply back to me and get a new answer instead of leaving me negative Ratings.

I'm sorry to say that this solution did not work. I plugged the USB cord into the available port on my tower. The driver install file did not detect the port automatically for some time, then after a couple of minutes a message box told me it had been assigned to port USB001 (I may be missing a zero here, not sure). I'm getting the same error message about thirty seconds after I turn on the printer. What next?

A. Please try to make a copying from your printer console/screen without touching computer or try to print test page using the printer only.

I printed a page from a file on my computer. It worked fine. ,
I printed a page from a file on my computer. It printed just fine.
If it printed a page fine, then please tell me if the issue is fixed or not.

Do you get the same error messagea again.
The error message still appeared last night. I tried again tonight and the message was gone. I was able to print a page placing the original on the glass. So, it seems that the print feature from the computer to printer is okay, but scan feature is a problem sometimes now--as it was before. Thanks for your help.
Okay, please try to print and scan both now and let me know if you are able to print or scan or not.

If you still get this error message:

Open the lid, and on the left side, there is a switch with a picture of a lock. Slide the switch back and forth a few times, and then leave it in the UNLOCKED position. After that, restart the printer.

sandy
sandy, Engineer