Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a GX7000 that has a error 990

Customer Question
I have a GX7000 that has a error 990
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
6/13/2012
Technician: Travis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Travis B.
Travis B., Technician

This error is a very common one.

Error 990 indicates a dirty sensor, so either a maintenance unit is dirty or you have a clogged print head. You can read more about this error on Richo website where you can see in the images what you need to clean.

Lastly,

Places like Ricoh and HP are replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services and or repair. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit. This is their program where you they pay to have it sent in and they give you a discounted unit even if out of warranty.

You are welcome! Glad I could be of assistance, If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Travis B.