Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a lexmark Impact S305 which will not print. Message

Customer Question
I have a lexmark Impact...
I have a lexmark Impact S305 which will not print. Message reads
Communication not avaiable. Printer cannot communicatewith printer
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
5/14/2012
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 5 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or click here to know the operating system) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Hello

OS is windows vista, connection wireless

Relist: Other.
Technician did not reply in set time frame

I would suggest you setup the wireless again by reinstalling the printer in order to resolve the issue. Please find instructions from the link below.
http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&id=HO3527&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&segment=SUPPORT&productCode=LEXMARK_IMPACT_S305&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US&searchid=1337014384793

If you need to download driver for the printer, please download it from the link below.
http://support.lexmark.com/index?docLocale=en_US&page=content&segType=driverSegmentMICROSOFT&id=DR10718&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US

Thank you.
S H E F I N
couldn't understand the instruction,

On the right pane of the instructions, you will get the window image. Please read it carefully once and then try following the instructions. If you still unable to follow the instructions, please let me know.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

I clicked on hppt:support lexm.....and gt 2 panes

left pane action

r pane illustrationt

Clicked on 1a image got security warning couldn't Run or cancel

First, download the driver from the link below. If you have the driver disc with you, there is no need to download the driver.

Then, follow the instructions below.

1. Insert the installation CD into the drive. If you do not have the disc, double click the downloaded file to start installation.

2. Welcome... will appear. Click Install.

3. Select your included software will appear. Select the softwares that you need and click Continue.

4. Read the License Agreement, and click I Agree.

5. Check for updates? screen will appear. Choose Yes or No depending on your personal preference. Please select No, you can update it later.

6.
Setting Up a New Printer? will appear. Select New Printer. Now perform the unpacking and printer preparation steps below, clicking Continue after each step is performed. The Transferring software window will appear. Wait until all the necessary software is copied to the PC, until the bottom progress bar will reach to the end.

7. Select connection type appears. Click Wireless connection.

8. The Match the Wi-Fi indicator window will appear. Select the corresponding one. If the printer is installed for the first time, or not detecting the previously used Wi-Fi network, select the orange icon.

If the printer was installed before, select the green icon.

9. On the next screen the installation software verifies the location of the access point or router. It should be nearby and easily accessible. When it is confirmed, click Yes.

10. On the next screen, if the access point or router has the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option, select Yes. If it doesn't have it, select No.

11. On the next screen Add the printer to your wireless network, select Continue. Connect the installation cable to continue the setup (it is supplied with the printer). When connected, click Continue. The printer will start to search for wireless networks.

12. On the next screen, all the found wireless networks will be listed. Select the corresponding one (your own Wi-Fi network). After selection is done, click Continue. If security is enabled on the Wi-Fi network, it will prompt for the Network key (passphrase). Enter it and then select Continue.

13. When finished, remove the Installation Cable. If all went well, the Connection Successful screen will appear. Click Finish.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

I got down to a page

Select your printer

printer name address

locate printer

Are you able to select Connection type as wireless connection?

Are you able to get anything related to the wireless connection?

Thank you.
S H E F I N

selected wireless connection OK

selected green wi fi image OK

Ran into select printer page again

Still unable to provide printer name or Address or locate printer. How do I get this info?

Michael

Are you able to select your wireless network name from the list and enter the password?

Thank you.
S H E F I N

Hi

What list are U referring to??

Also, I'm not sure that I am part of a net work, all I have is a printer, a router and a laptop I do have a MAC code.

if you are using a wireless Router, that is the part of a network.

If you are using only one computer with the printer, I would suggest you connect the printer directly to the computer using USB cable and install the same.

Thank you.
S H E F I N

Hi Shefin

Many thanks for all your effort.

But I will have to take the printer to the shop to get it examined

What do we do about fees??

MIchael

I would suggest you check the printer using USB cable before contacting anyone. If you would like to contact a local technician, please do the same.

If the response was helpful, you may click ACCEPT. If you would like to get a refund, you may apply it from the link below.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you.
S H E F I N