Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Installation of Brother MFC-845CW says that printer and fax…

Customer Question
Installation of Brother MFC-845CW says...
Installation of Brother MFC-845CW says that printer and fax have failed, but scanner and PC-Fax are good. Cannot print. Note that driver for printer and fax is different than scanner and PC-FAX. Other laptop on same network with same software is able to print. Advise please.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
4/28/2012
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 6 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Did you note the exact error message about printer &/or fax having failed (of operation, or of installation?) ?

What is the nature of the network connection that the Brother printer is supposed to be working with ? wireless, or wired? through a router, or not?

What is the security software or firewall software on the computer that has failed to get printing and faxing into working condition ?