Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

IP6600D New ink tanks in stalled. New Black ink tank will…

Customer Question
IP6600D New ink tanks in stalled...
IP6600D
New ink tanks in stalled. New Black ink tank will not print.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
4/11/2012
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 6 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Please try the old cartridge and see if you get the same problem
If you don't then the new cartridge is defective and should be returned and exchanged for another
If it does give you the same problem please try the following

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there
If it is it means the print head has failed
In order to fix this the print head inside the printer needs to be replaced
The print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page
Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace then the machine itself
The print head has seperate nozzles for each cartridge so it can print black for example and the color print blank even if the print head has failed.
Hello Freddy M,
The info you supplied was fine. Have done all you suggested. Unfortuately after using printer utility cleaning procedures and printed checks,which looked OK, and tried two new cartridges; printer will not print black but will print colour. I can only conclude it must be the printhead.
Thankyou for your help. Naturally disappointed we could not solve the problem.
Kind regards. David
Your welcome and unfortunately yes that normally means the print head needs to be replaced.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician