Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer says "USB Device Not Compatible Remove USB device

Customer Question
from printer" but there...
My printer says "USB Device Not Compatible Remove USB device from printer" but there is no USB device in my printer. Printer will not go online, will not print.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
4/5/2012
Technician: tekbabe, Technician replied 5 years ago
tekbabe
tekbabe, Technician

Hello

I would like to assist you, I need to ask a few questions to help me to do so.

1.

MAKE AND MODEL PRINTER

2.

OPERATING SYSTEM YOU ARE RUNNING

3.

LAPTOP OR COMPUTER

4.

CONNECTING WIRELESSLY

Thanks. TEKBABE

1. HP Photosmart C309a
2. Windows 7
3. Not a laptop, but ?
4. Not connecting wirelessly

Thank you

do you have the CD for the drivers for the Photosmart?

Please do this....

use CTRL+D to book mark this page to get back to me

1.Remove power from printer.

2.

START(WINDOWS LOGO)
DEVICES and PRINTERS

RIGHT click any entry for the HP and LEFT click REMOVE or DELETE

3.

CONTROL PANEL

PROGRAMS AND FEATURES

Any entry with HP printer...REMOVE

4.

Restart computer and let me know when you return

Thanks, TEKBABE

I do not have the CD for the drivers for the printer...

1.

Have you completed all the steps I asked above?

2.

please choose start (windows logo) and type WINVER in the search box
this will tell you if you have 32 or 64 bit

Thanks, TEKBABE

I didn't complete those steps, because it sounded like you wanted me to uninstall the printer on my computer, and I don't have the CD to reinstall it...I have Windows 7, it didn't tell me 32 or 64 bits when I typed WINVER in Search box.

graphic

1. Try this...COMPUTER - RIGHT click

LEFT click PROPERTIES to find if 32 or 64 bit

I will find the driver for you when you do

64 bit

Hello

thanks for that

1. download and SAVE TO DESKTOP the file on the following link from HP - it is the driver you need

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-66918-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=3737195&sw_lang=

2.

Go through all the steps I suggested earlier

with PRINTER disconnected

Restart computer and then install drivers from the file you downloaded to your desktop

RESTART computer

and reconnect printer

Let me know the outcome either way, or if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks, TEKBABE

tekbabe
tekbabe, Technician
tekbabe
tekbabe
tekbabe, Technician