Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How to change the ink on an Epson Stylus NX215 printer?

There is no need to buy anything, please follow the steps below to replace the cartridges.

Be sure you have your replacement cartridges handy before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing the old ones. Caution:
Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.

1.Turn on your Epson printer.
2.If a cartridge is expended, you see a message on the printer’s LCD display screen. The icon on the screen indicates which color to replace. Press  Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series).

If you’re replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the printer’s LCD display screen, do one of the following: NX210 Series: Hold down the Scan button as you press the Index Sheet button, then release the buttons. Press  or  to select Ink Cartridge Replacement, then press  Start. NX410 Series: Press Setup, press  or to select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.

3.Open the scanner.

Note:
Your printer model may vary from the ones shown in this section, but the procedures are the same. Note:
Do not touch the white cable inside your printer.

Do not open the ink cartridge cover while the print head is moving. 

4.Open the cartridge cover.

5.Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.

Warning:
If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.

6.Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)

7.Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.

8.Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.

Caution:
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak. 

9.Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

10.Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

11.Lower the scanner.

12.Press  Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.

When you see a completion message on the LCD display screen, ink charging is finished. If you continue to see an ink replacement message on the LCD display screen, Press  Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) and press down all the cartridges securely. Then press  Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) again. Note:
If you replaced a cartridge while copying a document or photo, cancel printing and make sure your original is still placed correctly on the document table. Then copy your original again. Caution:
Never turn off your Epson printer while ink is charging or you’ll waste ink.

If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as your Epson printer with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.

If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.

Read full interaction below »

I have an Epson Stylus NX215 printer, need to change the ink cartridges but I lost my info book when I went to the store to get them so I do not know how to change them. Could I possibly purchase another info booklet or get the information to change them on the computer?

4/1/2012
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 5 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

1.Turn on your Epson printer.
2.If a cartridge is expended, you see a message on the printer’s LCD display screen. The icon on the screen indicates which color to replace. Press Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series).

If you’re replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the printer’s LCD display screen, do one of the following: NX210 Series: Hold down the Scan button as you press the Index Sheet button, then release the buttons. Press or to select Ink Cartridge Replacement, then press Start. NX410 Series: Press Setup, press or to select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.

3.Open the scanner.

Note:
Your printer model may vary from the ones shown in this section, but the procedures are the same. Note:

4.Open the cartridge cover.

Warning:

Caution:

11.Lower the scanner.

12.Press Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.

When you see a completion message on the LCD display screen, ink charging is finished. If you continue to see an ink replacement message on the LCD display screen, Press Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) and press down all the cartridges securely. Then press Start (NX210 Series) or OK (NX410 Series) again. Note:

Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer