Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

all in one lexmark X2670 giving an error message C5E can you

Customer Question
advise how to fix this...
all in one lexmark X2670 giving an error message C5E can you advise how to fix this problem
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
2/19/2012
Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 5 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician

Robert Preston :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX and I will be assisting you with your problem today.

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head and each ink cartridge.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician
Robert Preston
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician