Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

3513 is the error code on my printer. I have loaded and reloaded…

3513 is the error code...
3513 is the error code on my printer. I have loaded and reloaded the cartridges and turned the machine on and off, but it still says the printhead is loose, missing or not installed correctly.
2/16/2012
John, Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please remove and then re-insert the printhead following the steps below:

To replace the printhead in your all-in-one printer:

1. Make sure the printer is on.

2. On the printer control panel, press Home.

3. Select Maintenance, then press OK.

4. Select Install Ink Cartridges, then press OK.

5. Lift the access door and wait for the carriage to move to the access position.

6. Remove the black and color ink cartridges, and set them aside.

7. Remove the the printhead from the carriage.
    Image
    ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
    Office 6150, 7250, 9250,
    HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

8. Check the printhead and clean it with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab

9. Install the new printhead into the carriage.
    Image Image
    ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
    Office 6150, 7250, 9250,
    HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

10. Push firmly against the target label on the printhead until you hear a loud click.
    Image Image
    ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
    Office 6150, 7250, 9250,
    HERO 7.1, 9.1, OFFICE HERO 6.1

11. Insert the color ink cartridge into the printhead, and press down until you hear the cartridge click into place.

12. Insert the black ink cartridge into the printhead, and press down until you hear the cartridge click into place.

13. Close the access door.

14. Follow the instructions on the LCD to calibrate your printer.
Important: Be sure to use KODAK Ink Cartridges. Your all-in-one printer is designed to work with KODAK Ink Cartridges. Kodak is not responsible for the compatibility or performance of either non-Kodak brand ink cartridges or refilled ink cartridges.
Source:kodak.com

Please note I do NOT work for KODAK so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you are satisfied with my job, please click the green Accept button below

Thank you very much!

John C.
John, Computer Science Engineer