Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I bought a brother MFC-J835DW printer a couple of months ago.

Customer Question
It keeps going offline...
I bought a brother MFC-J835DW printer a couple of months ago. It keeps going offline any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
2/9/2012
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 5 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

I'm using windows 7 and I guess USB since I'm not operating wireless

Please click Start button, and select Devices and Printers. Please check if any printers listed over there. If yes, right click on that and select Remove Device. Uninstall all printer related programs from the control panel too.

Then, go to the link below, select your operating system and language, then click Search. Download and install all the drivers listed over there.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj835dw_us

If the issue persists, please let me know. If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

There were at least 10 downloads listed. I tried the first one and it stated it may harm my computer?!?

Please be informed that the downloads do not harm your computer. It is an exe file, that why it says the same. Please download and install Full Driver & Software Package.

Thank you.
S H E F I N
Ok...download complete. Do I need to do anything else? What do I do if it does it again?

After downloading the driver, please double click the downloaded file to start installation. Please try printing anything after installing the driver.

Or

• Once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file to extract it.
  • Select your language with reference to the language list and click "OK".
  • Please follow the installation screen directions.
  •  

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Yes, I have done all that and it is installed. If it goes offline again this afternoon can I continue to work with you on it or do I have to start over again with someone else?

Could you please check the USB cable and insert it to a different USB port on your computer. If you have a different USB cable, please try the same.

Thank you.
    S H E F I N
    I did...it is online as of right now

If you have any questions, please let me know. If the issue resolved or the response was helpful, please click ACCEPT, so that I can get paid for my time and effort.

Thank you.

S H E F I N