Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Dell 3100cn printer shows error "006-370 Restart Printer" which,

Customer Question

Dell 3100cn printer shows error "006-370 Restart Printer" which, I understand indicates there is moisture in the printer and will not start. I have tried drying it out with a hair dryer, left all printer doors open for days, unplugged, and everything else I could think of. Still no receiving same error. What can I do to?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello... yes I am still waiting for an answer. I would appreciate your finding someone to help me. Thanks very much.

Expert:  thetrick327 replied 5 years ago.
Are you still looking for an answer. I will try to find you an answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have not received an answer yet, and would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Well from Dell's official information it says contact them. Had you recently moved the printer prior to this message? If you went from a really warm house to a cold car, and back again, this may have been the source of the condensation in the printer. It sounds like you have done the recommended actions of letting the printer sit in a dry room. The next course of action is to contact Dell for repair options. Below is the official Dell information.Message:006-370Restart PrinterContact SupportIfMessageReturnsWhat the message means:Condensation may have occurred inside the printer.Dell's Recommendation:Do not use the printer for more than one hour.If this does not solve the problem, contact Dell.See "Contacting Dell" in the Owner's Manual.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Thank your for your reply. However, I don't think you gave me any information that I did not already have especially considering that all recommended steps have been followed except for contacting Dell. I really need help in fixing the printer, and if contacting Dell (again) is your best answer, then it s not actually getting the printer up and running.

I was hoping for a little more "fixing" help from justanswer.com., and am a bit dissapointed.

Sandra
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
This error usually indicates that the fuser is failing and needs to be replaced. The fuser is the part of the machine that melts the toner onto the page as it moves through the printer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

Please note that not all issues can be fixed online.

The steps you were given may have confirmed the only solution is repair.

If that was the case please click "Accept”.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! I thought that you had solved the problem for sure...but, I put a fuser in my machine from another working printer, and got the same message. Although my fuser does look very worn, and probably needs replacing anyway, do you have another suggestion?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Remove your fuser, toner, andthe drum. Turn the machine off and unplug it. Clean the entire inside of the machine. Then wait at least 30 minutes and reinsert everything with it off. Turn it back on and it should recheck all the parts.

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK! Sounds like very good advice. I will do this, and give feedback after the fact. Thanks so much. You have been very helpful and have given me encouragement that this problem can be resolved...everyone needs a little encouragement from time to time.

Sandra

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Take all the time you need. You can get back to me any time by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions.