Pieter
Pieter, Computer Specialist
Experience:  More than 16 years IT experience.
61204431

I have a Sharp AR-M207 multifunction copier/scanner. I have

I have a Sharp AR-M207 multifunction copier/scanner. I have a new computer with Windows 7 and the installer could not find the driver to install. HELP!!!!
Hello

Please bookmark this page so that you can return to it easily - http://www.justanswer.com/printers/60ydg-sharp-ar-m207-multifunction-copier-scanner.html

To download the updated software for the printer, you will need to know if you are running 32bit or 64bit Windows 7.

To check, click 'Start', then right click on 'Computer' and select 'Properties' Look under the heading 'System', 'System type:"
It will say '32-bit Operating system', or '64-bit Operating system'

Here is the Driver website for the printer model - http://support.sharp.net.au/drivers/driversearch.asp?prodgrp=COP
Select "ARM207" then click 'GO"
Then select the correct "Windows 7" or "Windows 7 - 64bit" from the list.

The files are zipped, so extract them to "c:\drivers" then run the "setup.exe" file by going to 'Computer' and then navigate to the drivers folder.

The Button manager will fix the scan source problem, so download and install "ARM162/207 Button Manager G - (required for USB scanning)"

You may also need " MFP Driver (Integrated Installer for SPLC Printing & Scanning via USB) "

Please click on 'Accept' if you are satisfied with my answer, or let me know if you need any more assistance.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found the files you mentioned. Was I to download all the files or just the two you mentioned? I downloaded the two you mentioned and I found the files in my drivers folder but I cannot find a setup.exe file.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I didn't see an answer to my reply. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Hi

Sorry for the late reply.

There is a setup.exe file.
The button manager zip file has a folder inside called "ARM207_ButtonManager_0612a_Vista", and inside that is a file "setup.exe"
You may not see the .exe part, so double click on the setup file instead.