Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I cant connect over wi-fi to my canon mp495

Customer Question
I can't connect over wi-fi...
I can't connect over wi-fi to my canon mp495
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2011
Technician: Bernie, Printer Technician replied 6 years ago
Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Hello, and thanks for asking your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be your expert today.

Was the wifi setup previously with this printer, or is this the first time you are trying to set it up?

Do you know your network name (SSID) and password?

Also, are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or Mac?

Thanks
First time with this printer, and yes the wifi was already setup. I do know the name and password XXXXX the wifi and I'm using Mac.
Ok thanks, please click here and just follow the steps to enter your SSID and password XXXXX into the printer itself.

Once you've done that, go ahead and turn off the printer > Click the apple icon in the upper left > System preferences > Print and Fax (or scan)

Right click your printer (or press and hold the control key, then click) to select Reset printer system

Restart the mac, then, run the driver cd that came with the printer and install it as a network printer, and you should be all set to print

Let me know if that clears it up, if not, we will try some other steps. To make sure you can return to me, please favorite or bookmark this page, or use this web address (write it down): http://is.gd/b7iYTc

Thanks,
Bernie
It's still shows "Offline" and won't print. I went through every step again and every screen appeared as it should. One thing that didn't happen, is that it never asked me for a password for the network.
Not sure what to do?
Do you have a router to setup to broadcast a wireless network in your home?

If so, are other wireless devices already setup in the home?

Thanks
yes, and yes everything else works fine. What is weird is that at no point in the setup was I asked to enter in the password to the router?
It should be step 10 in the guide, after you pick your wireless network, please review it again.

click here
When I get there it just selects the router for me?
Can I just go right to step 10 somehow or do I have to go through the installation process over again?
I apologize but for now I need to opt out and open your question to all experts again as I will need to go offline.
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 6 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Hi my name is Dimmusacio I see Bernie has opted out. Do you still need help with this?
yes, I will try again, but when I get to step 10 i don't get asked for the wifi password, so i think that is the issue.
Ok when you get to step 10 on the lower left corner click on manual setup instead and try entering the information that way. If you need help with it let me know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Still not working. I added the password and it shows that is finds the printer, but when I go to print, the printer box opens up and says "Printer Offline"
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all wxperts.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician