Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

i have a canon pixma mx 410 and keep getting error code 5011

Customer Question
before this pops up it...
i have a canon pixma mx 410 and keep getting error code 5011 before this pops up it make a loud constant noise like stripped gears please help printer not even a year old
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Printers
12/6/2011
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 5 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

The error code is a service error indicating that the unit needs service.
The error indicates 2 possibilities, either their is something stuck or a sensor has faulted.

Please try the below steps
first of all please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now remove the cartridge...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

if even after performing the above steps, the error continues,then If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through Canon
If the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.
However, sensors repairs\replacement in such case is costly and it is more cost effective to opt in for a new unit.
let me know if you have any further queries
Please do click accept if you find the information shared by me useful.
Thanks for choosing Just answer

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert