Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Print Spooler not active - how to activate

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
12/2/2011
Technician: PCDrMiller, Technician replied 6 years ago
PCDrMiller
PCDrMiller, Technician

Restarting your computer should active the print spooler again.

------

Another possible fix for this problem if restarting the computer does not help is to download and run this program.

http://www.bradkovach.com/printflush/

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
start print spooler

To start the print spooler, you open a command prompt.

Click on start, type CMD in the search box at the bottom. Right click on cmd.exe in the results and choose run as administrator.

In the black command prompt window, type NET START SPOOLER

and press enter.

Or...Your print spooler should start automatically when you boot your computer. That is why I suggested a reboot. The tool I suggested you to download is a script that stops the spooler, fixes a possible problem with print spooler dependencies, clears any stuck print jobs and then starts the spooler again.

------

If you are doing all these suggestions and the print spooler will not start, then you likely have a corrupt print driver or in the worst case a corruption in your windows installation.

Spooler still does not work - I'm getting only untitled pages to wait or kill

Payment is already pending on my bank balance and I have not gotten a solution

You place a deposit when you ask a question, if you accept it releases the deposit or if you are not satisfied you can ask for a refund of the deposit.

Were you able to open the command prompt as administrator?

Do you get an error when you type net start spooler ?

Did you run the PrintFlush.bat file?

no command prompt came up. no net start spooler. Yes I ran the PrintFlush.bat file and it did not work

Please go to start -> programs -> accessories and see if you can locate the command prompt shortcut there. Right click on it and choose run as administrator.

This will open a black window with a cursor.

Please type net start spooler

and let me know what it says.

That is the command to start your print spooler.

this spooler cannot be started in safe mode
Is your computer in safe mode? When you first turned it on, does it give you a startup menu that says boot to safe mode, or does it show safe mode anywhere on the desktop screen?
says boot to safe mode
Okay, restart your computer and choose the option to boot windows normally, or it may do that automatically. If it will not boot to normal windows startup then you might have bigger problems than just the print spooler.
after rebooting it comes directly to the welcome center
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I want to start the spoolers, your payment is already pending in my check account. When I restart the computer it goes straight to the welcome window. The print spooler is inactive what do I need to do? At this point I'm very frustrated.
restart spoolers
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
get spoolers started
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name is Sowrav I will try to help you..

Please follow the steps below and let me know.

Click "Start" and type in "services.msc" in the search box.

Click on Services.exe from the search result.

Find Print Spooler in the list of services

Right Click on it and select "Stop"

Once the service has stopped, restart it by right clicking and selecting "Start"

Shut down and power on the Printer.

Let me know the result.

Windows could not start the printer spooler service on local computer

Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

This kind of issue is most likely caused by the incorrect registry values. You can try the steps below to solve the problem and let me know. Remember as this involves editing registry values, please try this steps very carefully and if needed take help from any freind or neighbor, otherwise if you do something wrong, then you may create more serious problem.

You can try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

1. Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box.

2. Right click on Services.msc and then click "Run as administrator".

3. Double click the service "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)".

4. Click on the "Log On" tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

5. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps to start Print Spooler Service.

Please check if our issue can be resolved. However, if the issue persists, let's go to Suggestion 2.

1. Click Start then type regedit in the Start Search box.

2. Right click on regedit.exe and then click "Run as administrator".

3. Expand the "+" to the following keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler

4. Right click on "Spooler", click "Export", and then save it to the C:\ drive as a backup. (In case we need to undo the modification, we can double click it to restore the registry key).

5. The DependOnService value by default should be set to

RPCSS

http

6. Delete any improper values, such as "lexbce".

7. Quit the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

tried both answers - restarted computer - tried to print -

message: local print spoller servics is not running

restart spooler

Please try my first suggestion and try to restart the spooler from services.exe.

Right Click on it and select "Stop"

Shut down and power on the Printer.

Let me know the result.
found print spooler but could not select stop - it was shaded - only start appeared
Then click on Start and let me know the result.

Windows could not start the Printer Spooler service on Local Computer

Error: 1084:This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

Is there any way you could access my computer to correct the problem? I have PCAnywhere on it.

Sorry that is not allowed. Please open the link below and click the "Fix it" button, then follow the onscreen instructions to solve the problem and let me know, what is the result.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-printer-problems
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer