Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My mp700 is showing wrong cartridge but all are correct what…

Customer Question
my mp700 is showing wrong...
my mp700 is showing wrong cartridge but all are correct what is the issue... I am pulling my hair out!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
11/30/2011
Technician: Travis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Travis B.
Travis B., Technician

On this model this is quite common and is almost always a print head issue. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

Take out the cartridges, take out the printhead, take toilet paper or paper towels, rubbing alcohol, and gently clean the bottom of the printhead with toilet paper and rubbing alcohol.(Do it a couple of times to be sure) Also disconnect the printer from the electrical supply (not just the to power it down with the button) and you computer for about 30 min. Take out all the cables. Cannon suggests this to clear the memory.then reassemble everything back, and enjoy same quality printing as before. If you do it a couple of times, and it does not work, then you will need to replace the printhead. I would advise to take the printer into a canon agent, or sent in if you have a warranty.

Canon is however running 50-75% off of services, repair, and new units.

If nothing is working I would advise to look up your warranty info as you may still have a warranty with Canon, I would and always advise people to contact the manufacturer directly to see if they still have a warranty. I know places like Canon and HP were either replacing or sending units out even if out of warranty or giving 50-75% off on services repair, and new units. I would advise to do that, if they won't assist in helping I would advise to ditch the unit as it can be costly repairing out of pocket and head to walmart / bestbuy and get a new unit..Cyber Monday weekend deals:

Here are all the latest deals:

http://www.blackfriday.info/

Glad I could be of assistance, god bless and happy holidays! If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Please accept so I can be compensated for my time/work, also feedback and bonus' are highly appreciated!

Travis B.