Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP CP1215 print head alignment adjustments

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
11/27/2011
Technician: Handy--Andy, Technical replied 6 years ago
Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy, Technical
Hello my name is Andy
I will deal with your issue as best as I can.
JustAnswer is the largest paid online Expert answers marketplace

This may solve your current issue:-

Most printers have a cleaning routine where you tell the printer to go through a cleaning cycle. This will be a program on your computer or a button on the printer itself. A number of these cleanings can take care of a clogged print head.

If not then please try the following:-

1 With the printer power on please open the cover and wait for the carriage to appear.
2 Unplug the printer from the mains and carefully slide the carriage to gain access to the print cartridges and remove them.
3 With a damp cloth or ear bud clean the print head. (isopropyl achohol with water works best)
4 Leave for 5 minutes and put the cartridges back in.
5 How are the print now?

If this doesn't work then you are looking at a faulty cartridge or print head.

All the best

Upon doing a bit of research it would appear th eproblem I was having was related to the fact that I was using refilled cartridges, so I have switched back to original equipment to se if that solves my problem.
Yes that maybe the cause.
But before fitting them I would carry out the previous advise as the nozzles are likely to be blocked.

All the best
Simple answer, install new, not refilled cartridges and problem solved, why didn't you think of that, so wrong answer no payment (i hope)
Hi this was suggested on the first answer.

It said in brief:-
Clean machine and print head, if that doesn't work replace cartridge.

All the best
Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy
Handy--Andy, Technical