Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

how to fix a scanner error on a epson artisan 700 printer

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Does the error show on the computer or printer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes the error show up on the printer when i turn it on, first it come on the regular way then it shows the scanner error message 20second after turning on

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Ok unfortunately that means either the lamp or the scanner mechanism has failed and needs to be replaced. The lamp is what lights up the image as it is being scanned. The scanner mechanism is the bar that moves across the glass platen under the page to capture the image. If the machine is under a year old both would be covered by your warranty. Unfortunately if not fixing this can actually sometimes cost more than replacing the mahcine itself as it sometimes requires replacing the logic board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click “Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i didnt get the problem solve