Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

canon pixma mp520 printer showing fault code 5700, canyou…

Customer Question
canon pixma mp520 printer showing...
canon pixma mp520 printer showing fault code 5700, canyou help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
11/4/2011
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Generally, the error code indicates, paper path jam, please follow the steps below and remove any jammed paper, if you do not find any paper jam inside the printer, then look for any foreign object inside the printer, which can jam the paper path.

Remove the paper following the procedure below.

(1) Open the Rear Cover.

(2) If you can see the jammed paper, slowly pull the paper out.

Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.

If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper may be ejected automatically.

(3) Reattach the Rear Cover.

Hold the Rear Cover so that the Rear Cover Lever comes to the left. Align the protrusions at the right edge of the cover with the slots at the rear of the machine and press on the lever to reattach the Rear Cover.

Important

Press firmly on the Rear Cover on the rear of the machine until it is locked in place. If the Rear Cover is not reattached properly, paper may not be fed properly and cause paper jams.

(4) If you were not able to remove the paper out in step (2), remove it from the Front Tray.

(5) Reload the paper in the Front Tray and press the OK button on the machine.

If you turned off the machine in step (2), all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

Note

When reloading the paper in the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly.

If you cannot remove the paper or if the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact your Canon Service representative.

sorry there is not any paper jammed in the machine and it is still not working???? Many thanks Mike.
Then the problem seems to be with the paper sensor, which is a small plastic lever, which is placed on the paper path, it sometimes come loose from its place and create this problem, you can check the paper path and if you do not find any thing, then unfortunately you have to repair the printer.I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer