Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP LaserJet 4000. Getting an 82.0180 EIo 2 Error. The Computer

HP LaserJet 4000. Getting...
HP LaserJet 4000. Getting an 82.0180 EIo 2 Error. The Computer indicates the printer is off line. Cannot find solution in manuel.
11/1/2011
Wendell Huneycutt
Wendell Huneycutt, Technician

Wendell Huneycutt :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I want to do everything possible to resolve your problems! Good Morninig! This error is refering to a failure of the EIO device plugged into slot #2 on the back of your printer. Either a JetDirect card (NIC) or a hard drive. If you are using an Ethernet card, power off the printer and remove the device from slot 2 (they are marked) then power on and see if code is gone. If the code clears, then power off and put the card into slot 1 and repower on. If the code reappears, the card is bad and will need to be replaced. Special note: the JetDirect 615 card is notorius for failing. The best place to buy a new one (non 615) is Ebay. Please keep me informed and we will get your problem resolved! Thanks!!

Wendell Huneycutt :

Your positive feedback is exceedingly important to me. If you feel that you have received value for your money and a resolution for your problem I ask that you please select the green “ACCEPT” button. If I have not met your expectations or resolved your issue, PLEASE continue to work with me for the resolution and value you are looking for. I am a professional technician and I want you to be happy! I have all the time you need to be available for even the most complicated, frustrating, and difficult problems. Again, I sincerely say “THANK YOU” for your "ACCEPT" and positive feedback, that is how we get paid for our time and your satisfaction with JustAnswers is very important to me! Thanks Again!! Wendell

Customer:

I am missing something. After the printer is turned off, the message is cleared on the printer. When, however I go to the computer, it indicates that the printer is off line. If I remove the card from slot 2, I have disconected the printer from the computer so even if it clears, I still can't print to the printer.

Wendell Huneycutt :

Yes you are correct but you can test print from the printer without the need for the computer

Wendell Huneycutt :

The printer came to "ready" with the card removed?

Wendell Huneycutt :

Click the "menu" button until the information menu appears

Wendell Huneycutt :

Then click the "item" menu until "configuration" appears

Wendell Huneycutt :

Then click the "select" button and the printer will print a config page

Wendell Huneycutt :

this will verify the printer operation

Wendell Huneycutt :

Do you get a print or an error?

Customer:

Last question, I think. With the card out, the printer prints in "configuration". So, I assume that the card is no good because when I place it in the #1 slot, I can also go through the "configuration" printing but my computer still says it is off line. So now I go on line to e Bay and I find the card for something like $25. Is the 615N the same as the 615?

Wendell Huneycutt :

Fantastic!! Yes on the 615N. I would suggest either a 600N or a 610N card. There s a 620N but it is more expensive and has a data stream that is fast but unnecessary on a LJ 4000. I'm glad that you were able to get a resolution!!

Your positive feedback is exceedingly important to me. If you feel that you have received value for your money and a resolution for your problem I ask that you please select the green “ACCEPT” button. Thanks Again!! Wendell

Wendell Huneycutt
Wendell Huneycutt, Technician
Wendell Huneycutt
Wendell Huneycutt
Wendell Huneycutt, Technician