Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon MX350 I get this message Document in ADF close

Customer Question
feeder cover and press ok...
I have a canon MX350 I get this message Document in ADF close feeder cover and press ok to eject document. There is no document in the feeder but the alarm keeps coming back.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2011
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Please remove all the cables from the printer, then wait for 15 mins. after connect only the power cord and let me know, if you can still see the error message or not?
same error message. Unplugging did not work.
Can you let me know, what you have already tried. So, that I can avoid those same steps.
we have only tried what the error message told us to do. Document in ADF. Close feeder cover and press ok to eject document, there is no document in adf
Make sure of the following:
Check 1: Are there any foreign objects around the Paper Output Slot?
Check 2: Are there any foreign objects in the Rear Tray?

If you drop the foreign object into the Rear Tray, turn off the machine, then remove the foreign object.

No foreign objects

If you are getting the error message, without anything in the ADF, then the problem is with the cover sensor of the printer, the sensor seems to be depressed and that's why the printer thinks, the cover is open and there is paper in the ADF. It can be repaired in any repair shop for few dollars. The sensor is actually tiny plastic lever and it gets misplaced due to regular usage of the printer.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer