Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

hp photosmart 5510 Do not seem able too print

Customer Question
hp photosmart 5510 Do not seem...
hp photosmart 5510

Do not seem able too print
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
10/9/2011
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

Do you use Windows 7 ?
I have windows XP
Are you using an USB cable to connect the printer with the PC?

What more info do you require to so that I can get the printer working

I have an enourmous back log of work to ge done tonight so would appreciate help

No I just set up the printer plug it in and ran the disk

There was no USB cable in the printer box - sorry if I sound stupid but am not a great computer expert - just a home worker

Sorry I could not reply you due to some technical problem, if you do not have the USB cable, then how do you have connected the printer with the PC?

I connected with the disc provided with the printer and it shows on the computer that it appears to be connected - but does not print

There does not appear to have any way to connect a USB to the printer

My system is Microsoft XP Home

Sorry for delay in replying but have been sick

PLEASE ADVISE HOW MUCH LONGER I WILL HAVE TO

WAIT FOR AN ANSWER

Unless I am confirmed about the exact problem, I cannot provide you the solution, because it is not possible that a printer do not have the USB port on it, you may used the Wireless mode to connect the printer with the PC or laptop. So, please let me know, if you use a laptop or desktop .

I use a desktop computer

If I need to use a USB cable were would it be plug in on the printer - can not see relevant plug

I am giving you the picture of the rear view of the printer, where you will find the USB port of the printer.

1 - 20 Rear USB port2 - 21 Power connection. Use only the power cord supplied by HP.

These are the cables that are supplied with the printer, I don't why you have not received the USB cable for the printer.

Power supplyImage of the power supply
Power cordImage of the power cord
USB CableImage of the USB cable

Thank you for your help

As USB cable not in box where do I get one from - or should HP supply it - if so am

desperate to get work done as have a very very big finance meeeting next Tuesday

and a weeks work to get done by then - which does not include by trip to Guys

hospital for a check - as have cancer

USB cables are generally supplied with HP printers, if you have not got one, then you should contact the store for the cable, they should provide you a USB cable for the printer without any cost as the box packed cables is missing.
Thank you will phone XXXXX XXXXX in the morning to see if the can help - if they cannot suppjy one straight away what shoulf I do ??
If they do not provide you the cable, then you can buy it from any of your local computer store, then price is nearly £3. But remember to ask for printer usb cable otherwise if you buy a normal usb cable, then that will not help.

graphic

Thank you - will try tomorrow - if no luck with XXXXX XXXXX will find a computer store after I am finished my session at Guys - will let you know what happens

In the mean time many thanks for help

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX to click Accept, if you think I have tried to help you.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer