Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hi, I am trying to install a Canon MX360 printer on a computer…

Customer Question
Hi, I am trying to...

I am trying to install a Canon MX360 printer on a computer with Windows XP. The CD software installs fine and completes itself, and the hardware seems to be detected, but I get these messages:

XP Fax install wizard appears: 'The specified port is unknown.'

and after I click 'finish' the Found New Hardware in the corner says: 'A problem occurred during hardware installation.'

Microsoft Word: 'No printers are installed.'

Canon My Printer application: 'The supported printer cannot be detected.'

It seems that there is some error in the connection between the computer and printer!

Thanks XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
8/10/2011
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 7 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Is it connected via usb ?

disconect the usb cable

go to printer and faxes folder and delete it by hightlighting it and hittng delete on the keyboard

reboot the computer

run the installation cd when it tells you to or after the installation is complete then plug the usb cable in between the printer and the computer. the computer should find it automatically and install it now that it has the driver installed.

This is not helpful. It is connected via USB. The problem is that once the printer is installed with all the proper processes, it does not even show up in the printer and faxes folder. The install program is saying that it is installed, but the computer is not detecting it.

in the run box on the start menu

type

services.msc

hit enter

make sure that the plug and play service is started and startup type is set to automatic

what operating system are you using ?

Hi, I have found the problem myself. It was a problem with the port, and I had to access the registry and create a new USB monitor in the print list. In this I created a file with the value 'usbmon.dll'.

Not the most common cause. Congrats on finding it.

I am glad that it worked out for you. If i was of assistance or you feel i gave my best efforts in a professional manner I would apreciate if you clicked on accept. it will not charge you any additional money but i do not get paid out of your deposit if you do not accept. That is your choice of course

If you do not accept the money remains on account for you here for use with this or another question. Or you can arrange for a refund by emailing [email protected]

thanks and have a great day