Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Canon cMP550. I keep gettinhg error code U043 - Cannot recognise

Canon cMP550. I keep gettinhg error code U043 - 'Cannot recognise Print tank'. it may just be one tank or all ofthem. However, if I turn the printer off and leave it for a while, it comes good- bur next time I turn it on the error is just as likely to reappeasr.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer ,My name isXXXXX will try to help you..

It seems the contacts on the print head are damaged and you have to replace the print head to resolve the issue, but before that you can follow the steps below to remove the print head and then cleaning the copper contacts on them with a cotton swab dampened in distilled water until they are clean, after drying them reseat the print head and check the issue. If the problem persist, then replace the print head to resolve the issue.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and open the Paper Output Tray gently

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

3. Remove all the Ink Tanks in the following manner.

Push the tab (A) and lift the ink tank to remove.

Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lever (B).

4. Raise the print head lock lever.

5. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

* Images that follow are taken from the MP600. The procedure is the same for the MP620.

Print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>.

6. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

7. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

8. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

9. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.