Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

HP officejet 6000 All ink lights are flashing. Replaced

Customer Question
HP officejet 6000...
HP officejet 6000 All ink lights are flashing. Replaced all 4 ink cartg. Still flashing.
will not print
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/4/2011
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 6 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

PRINTERCAT :

Hi, this is Michelle and i will be assisting you

PRINTERCAT :

please try the below steps

PRINTERCAT :

please ensure that the plastic tape has been removed from the cartridge

PRINTERCAT :

please take out the print cartridge

wait for the insert cartridge message to appear

unplug the power cord

clean the golden contacts of the cartridge and printhead with a cotton swab and little alcohol

wait for 2-3 minutes

plug the power cord back in

turn the unit on and reinsert the cartridiges

check for functionality

PRINTERCAT :

let me know the status

Customer:

same thing

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

do you have the old set of cartridges still with you

PRINTERCAT :

if yes please clean the golden contacts of the old set and then insert them and then check that do you still get the same response or does it change

PRINTERCAT :

also let me know if any error code is getting displayed on the printer display

Customer:

do not have old cartridges

Customer:

no error code displayed

PRINTERCAT :

ok

PRINTERCAT :

well its seems to be an issue related to either the cartridges or the cartridge sensor

PRINTERCAT :

as you have tried a new set of cartridges, please get the new set exchnaged with another one from the store you got it from and try that

PRINTERCAT :

if still the issue repeats, then its a faulty cartridge sensor that is unable to detect the ink levels

PRINTERCAT :

in case of a failing sensor, the same will have to be replaced

PRINTERCAT :

if the unit is within warranty cover, you can contact hp else need to get it done through a local repair store

PRINTERCAT :

please let me know if you have any queries

PRINTERCAT :

please do click accept to reward my time

PRINTERCAT :

thanks for choosing just answer

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert