Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer
Experience:  City of Guilds 224, Kyocera, IBM, Novell certifications. 24 years IT experience.
29964247

I have a P3005. There is a black line down the left side of

I have a P3005. There is a black line down the left side of everything I print. The line is 2 1/4 inches in from the left edge. I have changed the print cartridges and the line is still there.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Colin Vincent replied 6 years ago.

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. If you have black lines running vertically on the paper hen they can come from 1 of 2 sources. The first is the toner/drum rollers becoming scored but as you have replaced that we can rule it out. The other is the fuser unit which consists of a Teflon covered heated roller which fuses the toner onto the paper. If the teflon becomes scored the toner will stick to that area giving a line on the print. There is a cleaning routine you can try which aims to remove dirt from the rollers etc but if it has been scored then the fuser will have to be replaced or refurbished.

The cleaning process is documented on the Hp support page on the link below.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=1846088&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=c00764922

If the fuser is scored then the part number is XXXXX (I would go for a refurb, a refurbed fuser is about $100 cheaper than a new item)