Richard, Technician
Experience:  AAS Degree in Computer Technology.
46422908

how do you clean the heads on the HP photosmart C4680

how do you clean the heads on the HP photosmart C4680?

Hi. I am Rick. I will be your expert.

THe easiest and safest way to clean the heads on that printer is to remove the ink cartridges and use a q-tip with warm water to clean off the heads form there. After cleaning allow them to dry well before replacing the ink cartridges.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I took out the cartridges and see little points and pads between them. Exactly what am I supposed to be cleaning? I do not know what "heads" are.
You are cleaning those little points. They are the jets for the ink. Clean gently to remove anything that may be stuck but do not use a lot of pressure on them. Repeat until the q-tip does not get dirty. THats it. Do you have a specific reason for wanting to do this or are you just doing a little maintenance?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The printer is making lines in the pictures. The color is not smooth anymore. A friend told me the heads are dirty.
OK. You are on the right track. After you do the cleaning try the printing again. If you still get the lines you probably have a print head that has gone bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you1 I am working on it right now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I cleaned the points and replaced the ink cart. The picture I just printed is smooth. Woo hoo! Thank you very much!