Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Hi, I have an ESP5250 with an error code 3527 which wont clear.

Customer Question
Hi, I have an ESP5250...
Hi, I have an ESP5250 with an error code 3527 which won't clear. I've tried the CLEAR and HOME buttons as instructed but the error message remains. The Printhead stayed at the right hand side of the printer and had to be physically moved to centre to remove and reseat the cartridges. There are no paper jams either. The error message is fixed and can not be cleared. Please advise.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
4/26/2011
Technician: bbl242003, Engineer replied 6 years ago
bbl242003
bbl242003, Engineer

bbl242003 :

Hello welcome

Customer:

Hello

bbl242003 :

Is this printer brand new, as in, were you setting it up for the first time?

Customer:

No. I've printed a few things already without ant problems.

bbl242003 :

ok great, lets perform the following

bbl242003 :

1. Remove any paper, tape or other obstructions from the printhead carriage area.

2. Gently move the printhead carriage from side to side to see that it moves freely and there are no obstructions.

Ink Cartridges:

1. Lift the printer access door, then remove the ink cartridges from the printhead.
    NOTE: If the printhead does not move to the center position, press Home, then Maintenance on your printer. Check if the Install Ink Cartridge option is available. If so, select Install Ink Cartridges, press OK, and follow the instructions. Otherwise do the following:

1. If an error is displayed on your printer control panel or the status monitor on your computer, press Cancelto clear the error.

2. Go to KODAK All-in-One Printer Downloads and Drivers, select your printer from the All-in-One Printers pull-down list, and download and install the latest firmware version for your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions.

3. After you upgrade the firmware, press Home on the printer control panel.

4. Select Maintenance, then press OK.

5. Select Install Ink Cartridges, then press OK.

6. Follow the instructions on the control panel LCD.

7. Go to the next step.

2. Verify that the labels on the ink cartridges are intact, and that the cartridges are not damaged.

3. Verify that the KODAK Ink Cartridges have not been refilled.

4. Insert the black ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
    Image
    Full Size Image

5. Insert the color ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
    Image
    Full Size Image

6. Close the printer access door.

7. Press OK to clear the error.

8. Make a print.

bbl242003 :

please scroll up and start from the top of this latest solution

bbl242003 :

then work your way down

bbl242003 :

I'm standing by if you run into trouble

Customer:

I've tried to install the latest firmware but it comes up with an error code(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

bbl242003 :

press cancel to clear the error

bbl242003 :

please reattempt to install once more, if the same error comes up or even a different error, then please share with me

Customer:

same error

bbl242003 :

ok thanks

bbl242003 :

stand by please

bbl242003 :

thanks for your patience, please stand by

bbl242003 :

please perform just the following step

bbl242003 :

Lift the printer access door, then remove the ink cartridges from the printhead.
NOTE: If the printhead does not move to the center position, press Home, then Maintenance on your printer. Check if the Install Ink Cartridge option is available. If so, select Install Ink Cartridges, press OK, and follow the instructions.

bbl242003 :

please let me know once you reach the end of the instructions

Customer:

I've removed the cartridges but had to physically move the printhead to the centre. I pressed home but the error message which reads "Printhead carriage jam. Open printer access door. Clear any obstruction. Check installation of printhead and cartridges. Close door. Press OK to continue (Code 3527)"

bbl242003 :

ok thanks

bbl242003 :

please

bbl242003 :

REMOVE THE POWER PLUG FIRST

bbl242003 :

then

Customer:

This error message has been fixed sinse the original problem yesterday. Pressing CLEAR, HOME or OK does not clear the error message from the screen.

bbl242003 :

understood, thank you

bbl242003 :

REMOVE the power plug

bbl242003 :

then

bbl242003 :

bbl242003 :

Finally

bbl242003 :

1. Start by Powering the printer OFF

2. Turn the unit back on after a few seconds and while it is still ON, remove the power plug from the back side of it.

3. Wait for 2 minutes to elapse , then plug the unit back in

4. Wait about 3 minutes time for the unit to complete its boot process

5. Now attempt to print

bbl242003 :

this should clear the error code

bbl242003 :

please follow up with me

bbl242003 :

im standing by

Customer:

tried all that but the error message is still on the screen and nothing printed

bbl242003 :

one moment please

bbl242003 :

ok thanks

bbl242003 :

thanks for your patience stand by

bbl242003 :

lets proceed to remove the printhead on this printer

bbl242003 :

UNPLUG the printer first

bbl242003 :

then leave it unplugged

bbl242003 :

remove the inks

Customer:

done

bbl242003 :

1. Remove the existing printhead:

• For ESP series printers, unlatch the printhead by lifting the latch in the center of the carriage.

Image
      Full Size Image
      [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]Image[/ALT][WIDTH]143.39622641509433[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
      ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
      Office 6150, 7250, 9250
      ESP C110, C310, C315, Office 2150, 2170

For 5000-series printers
      , press the button in the upper-left corner of the carriage.

Image
      Full Size Image

2. Lift the printhead out of the carriage.

3. Place the printhead in the carriage.

Image
    Full Size Image
    [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]Image[/ALT][WIDTH]130.43478260869566[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
    ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
    Office 6150, 7250, 9250
    ESP C110, C310, C315, Office 2150, 2170

4. Push firmly against the target label of the printhead until you hear a loud snap.

Image
    Full Size Image
    [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT]Image[/ALT][WIDTH]146.62921348314606[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
    ESP 3, 5, 7, 9, 3250, 5250, 5210,
    Office 6150, 7250, 9250
    ESP C110, C310, C315, Office 2150, 2170

5. Install the color and black ink cartridges.

6. Close the printer access door.

bbl242003 :

disregard all the confusing numbers next to the photos

bbl242003 :

the photo serve to help in removal and then reinstalling the print head

Customer:

done

bbl242003 :

great

bbl242003 :

go ahead and plug it back in

bbl242003 :

the printer that is

bbl242003 :

wait 1 min

bbl242003 :

then attempt to print

bbl242003 :

please share the results with me

Customer:

exactly the same error message

bbl242003 :

that is what I thought

bbl242003 :

lets remove the printhead, we need to purchase a replacement printhead

bbl242003 :

im posting more info shortly regarding the new printhead

bbl242003 :

do you know if this printer is still under warranty?

Customer:

I've only had the printer 1 week

bbl242003 :

if so, then take it back for a new one

bbl242003 :

is it within driving distance?

bbl242003 :

or did you order online?

Customer:

yeah certainly

bbl242003 :

Please do NOT leave me negative feedback and I do not work for Kodak

Customer:

would it be worth uninstalling the printer software and reinstalling it on my laptop

bbl242003 :

not worth it

bbl242003 :

the printhead is bad

bbl242003 :

if you want to install the new one to a different pc then that is fine

Customer:

Okay thanks for your efforts

bbl242003 :

If you purchased online, ensure to contact them for a replacement, in most cases, they send out new ones and provide a return label for the damaged one to be picked up from your location, if you feel that we have done everything to fix this issue, then press Accept below, REMEMBER, that when you get your new printer and experience any problems with setup, then please KEEP this latest documentation/emails from me so that you can contact me DIRECTLY without having to pay again

bbl242003 :

please follow up if you have any additional questions

bbl242003
bbl242003, Engineer
bbl242003
bbl242003
bbl242003, Engineer