Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How to replace Epson NX420 ink cartridge?

Be sure you have your replacement cartridges handy before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing the old ones.

Caution:

Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.

1.Turn on your Epson printer.
2.If a cartridge is expended, you see a message on the printer’s LCD screen. The icon on the screen indicates which color to replace. Press  Start.

If you’re replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the printer’s LCD screen, press the  Setup button. Press  or  to select Ink Cartridge Replacement, then press Start.

3.Open the scanner.

Note:
Do not touch the white cable inside your printer.

Do not open the ink cartridge cover while the print head is moving. 

4.Open the cartridge cover.

5.Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it. Dispose of it carefully. Do not take the used cartridge apart or try to refill it.

Warning:

If ink gets on your hands, wash them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, flush them immediately with water. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children.

6.Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it four or five times. (Do not shake a cartridge after opening the package; ink may leak.)

7.Remove the cartridge from the package, but be careful not to touch the green chip on the cartridge.

8.Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the cartridge.

Caution:
Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak. 

9.Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

10.Once you replace all the necessary cartridges, close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

11.Lower the scanner.

12.Press  Start to begin priming the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.

When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink priming is finished. If you continue to see an ink replacement message on the LCD screen, Press  Start and press down all the cartridges securely. Then press  Start again. 
Note:
If you replaced a cartridge while copying a document or photo, cancel printing and make sure your original is still placed correctly on the document table. Then copy your original again. Caution:
Never turn off your Epson printer while ink is priming or you’ll waste ink.

If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as your Epson printer with the label facing upward. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but care is needed to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area, and do not store the cartridge upside down.

If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.

Caution:

1.Turn on your Epson printer.

3.Open the scanner.

Note:

4.Open the cartridge cover.

Warning:

Caution:

11.Lower the scanner.

Note:

Read full interaction below »

4/21/2011
Technician: Bernie, Printer Technician replied 6 years ago
Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician

Caution:

1.Turn on your Epson printer.
2.If a cartridge is expended, you see a message on the printer’s LCD screen. The icon on the screen indicates which color to replace. Press Start.

If you’re replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the printer’s LCD screen, press the Setup button. Press or to select Ink Cartridge Replacement, then press Start.

3.Open the scanner.

Note:

4.Open the cartridge cover.

Warning:

Caution:

11.Lower the scanner.

12.Press Start to begin priming the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.

When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, ink priming is finished. If you continue to see an ink replacement message on the LCD screen, Press Start and press down all the cartridges securely. Then press Start again.
Note:

Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician
Bernie
Bernie
Bernie, Printer Technician