Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

Re Canon imageCLASS MF4350d printer has Set Paper Again Set

Re: Canon imageCLASS MF4350d printer has Set Paper Again Set Toner Again Message. Have done so numerous times with no luck. How do I get this working again?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello Sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

in this situation need to follow the below steps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Load paper correctly, then press [OK] when using the paper cassette.

1. Open the paper feeding tray.

2. Take out the dust cover from inside the machine.

3. Slide out the paper guide rail (A).

4. Slide the side paper guides (A) to match the size of paper.

Note

If the paper guides do not fit the size of the paper, the printout may be skewed.

5. Fan the paper stack and even the edges.

6. Load the paper into the paper feeding tray with the print side up. Make sure the paper stack sits below the hook (A) on the side paper guide.

7. Adjust the paper guide rail to match the size of paper.

8. Aligning the protrusions (A) on both sides of the dust cover to the guides (B) inside the machine, set the dust cover.

9. Press [OK].

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to do and let me know if it helps...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time,,,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good day to you....

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Customer:

Thank you for your reply. I am not in the office again until Thursday and will let you know how it goes then. C.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay...

Sandeep Pamarati :

You can reply in the same page....

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will wait for your reply...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Customer:

Hi Sandeep:

Customer:

Ok, I tried many times with no luck. I still get a Set Paper Again, Set Toner Again message and then a Lift Panel to open Open Toner Cover. I have reset the paper and the new toner cartridge many, many times. Any other ideas?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Did you get any error code now..?

Customer:

Same one - "Set Paper Again, Set Toner Again" and then "Lift panel to Open, Open Toner Cover"

Sandeep Pamarati :

Oh.... Okay....

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this situation need a technician....

Need to contact the canon service person..

If you need details let me know i can help you....

Customer:

Ok. I'll let you know the outcome.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Okay

Customer:

Hi Sandeep:

Customer:

I contacted Canon who suggested the same procedure as you. When it didn't work they suggested I take it to the service depot. They repaired the Toner Detect Sensor that may have become damaged from an improper toner installation. I thought that I had set the toner properly, but they said that it can be very touchy and to carefully install the toner from now on, making sure that it is lined up properly before sliding it into place. Just wanted to let you know for possible future inquiries.

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

i will provide the steps for toner installation steps.. please try to do ..

Sandeep Pamarati :

Installing the Toner Cartridge

1. Remove the toner cartridge from the bag.

Keep the bag for future use.

Do not open the drum protective shutter (A).

2. Gently rock the toner cartridge several times to distribute toner inside.

3. Pull out the seal completely.

Do not pull out the seal at an angle.

4. Lift the scanning platform (A) until it is locked. (You will hear an audible ?click.?)

5. Open the toner cover (B), using the grip (A) on the right front side of the toner cover.

6. Hold the toner cartridge by its handle (A).

7. Insert the cartridge so that the protrusion on the right side of the toner cartridge (A) fits into the guide (B) located on the right side of the machine and slide it down parallel to the guide.

8. Push the toner cartridge to make sure it is properly set in the machine.

9. Close the toner cover using the grip.

10. Close the scanning platform.

- Be careful not to get your fingers caught.

- If you cannot close the toner cover, do not force it to close. Open the cover and make sure the toner cartridge is properly set in the machine.

Let me know if you have any questions....

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will wait for your reply....

Customer:

Hi Sandeep:

Customer:

The toner problem has been fixed, but I now have a problem with a printing problem. It wants to print everything twice. It prints the doc. once and then asks "Use Current Size". No matter if I press Yes or No, I need to press Job Cancel to Cancel the 2nd printing - lots of steps to go through to complete the cancel.

Customer:

Interesting thing tho' in the Devices & Printers, the only printer that is listed for the Canon is Canon MF4320-4350(Fax) which seems to be the default printer. I used to have a printer icon for MF4320-4350 which was the default printer. When printing I need to change the printer from the (fax) one to just the printer. Can you help me?

Customer:

I've just uninstalled the printer drivers and re-installed them and this seems to have cleared up the problem.

Customer:

I will give it another day or so to really test things to make sure everything is back to normal - I just want to make sure I have no further questions. I really appreciated you being onboard to help me through this, even tho' I had to get answers elsewhere and am willing to release my deposit to you by Monday May 9th. Thanks! Cathy

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay

Sandeep Pamarati :

thanks for your time...