Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How do I override Admin Rights when installing my printer?

4/18/2011
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Could you explain this a little more do you get an error when installing?
What version of windows is on the computer?
What model printer is it?
I am using Windows 7 and trying to install an HP pcs 1350 all in one printer. When it runs the setup from the disk the requirement results stops and says administrator rights.
Is it 32 or 64bit windows 7? If your not sure click on start and then right click on computer and click on properties. It will say which you have in the window that comes up.
64 bit
Ok this machine on windows 7 64bit does not install with the CD.
You need to use windows update after connecting the usb cable to the computer to install it.
  1. Make sure that the USB cable is not connected to the product. If the USB cable is connected to the product, disconnect it.
  2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Devices and Printers . The Devices and Printers window opens.
  3. Click Add a printer . The Add Printer window opens.
  4. Click Add a local printer .
  5. Click Use an existing port .
  6. Click the Use an existing port drop-down list, select USB0001: (virtual Printer Port) , and then click Next .
  7. Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete.
  8. In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.
    NOTE: The print drivers are displayed by their series names, which means the last one or two numbers may show as zeroes. For instance, the HP Photosmart 8750 displays as HP Photosmart 8700, and the PSC 1350 displays as the PSC 1300 series.
  9. Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer.
  10. The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
  11. Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.
  12. The newly installed printer now shows in the Devices and Printers window.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JS2348

there is no ubs001 virtual printer port and my printer does not show up in the list.
You have to use windows update before it will and it will show up as psc 1300 series.
Instead of using USB00001 then use LPT1
Then Click the Windows Update button and wait for the updates to complete.
  1. In the Install the printer driver window, under Manufacturer click HP , and then search for your driver under Printers . If the driver does not show up under HP, try looking under Hewlett Packard.
  2. Once you find the appropriate driver, plug the USB cable back into the printer.
  3. The Installing Device Driver Software window should briefly display in the bottom right corner of the computer screen. Wait for it to disappear.
  4. Click the Cancel button on the Add Printer window.
  5. The newly installed printer now shows in the Devices and Printers window.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.

JS2348

I have been using LPT1 and there is no pcs1300 starts with psc1500
Did you run the windows update?

no but I will now

Ok good because if you do not then it will not show on that list.
After using use LPT1

JS2348

it show installed but will not print the test page
Click on start and in the search box type printers then press enter.
Right click on your printer and click on printer properties.
Then on the top click on the ports tab.
Change it from LPT1 to USB0001.
Click on apply and ok then test it.

JS2348

It is already on UBS001 and the test page did not print
Ok bookmark or favorite this page so you can get back to me.
Then restart your computer and try to print something.
Do not use the test print instead print something like this page.

JS2348

sorry I have never used bookmark-how do I do it?
What internet browser are you using?
I don't know
I don't know Explorer 8
That's it thank you.
Hold down CTRL on the keyboard and then press D.
The favorite box will come up so you can save it.
Then to get back to me when you open internet explorer click on the yellow star.
This page will be listed under there.

JS2348

Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician