Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Mp530 canon printer - error message U052- message in printer

window check cartridges- have checked...
Mp530 canon printer - error message U052- message in printer window check cartridges- have checked all is ok message on computer monitor say - 'Operator error press OK button' still have problem. Can not use any function on the printer
Your help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Pamela
4/4/2011
Sandeep Pamarati

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

happy to help you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

In this case you need to follow the below steps....

Reseat the print head to correct print issues or clear an error.

Reseat the Print Head:

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

Full Size Image

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
<8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

Note: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

Ink Tank Lamp indications

You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.

- On: The printer is ready to print.

- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.

- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.

- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to do and let me know if it helps....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good day to you....

Customer:

Your solution hasn't worked. Error message is the same. Hope you have something to suggest.

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

in this situation we have no more options to rectify this problem...

Sandeep Pamarati :

i am sorry to say printer may require to repair...

Sandeep Pamarati :

if you need service details let me know i can provide for you..

Sandeep Pamarati :

as well as i can provide the email page i will provide for you...

Sandeep Pamarati :

you can contact through email also...

Sandeep Pamarati :

let me know if you need....

Customer:

Should I consider replacing the print head?

Sandeep Pamarati :

yes ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

better to contact the canon service person....

Sandeep Pamarati :

need details i can provide for you...

Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer