Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

i have the kodak easyshare 5300 all-in-one printer. its abo…

Customer Question
i have the kodak easyshare...
i have the kodak easyshare 5300 all-in-one printer. it's about 4 yrs old.
model number 5300 aio
service id cn3j9332732407780142m
im getting a paper jam error. but theres no paper jam'd. i printed a diagnostic sheet, and
it gives me error codes of 3502,3606. can you help me????

george
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2011
Technician: ratonxi, Engineer replied 7 years ago
ratonxi
ratonxi, Engineer

Hi, thanks for using

Technician's Assistant:

For your kodak easyshare 5300 all-in-one printer, 3502 error code indicates that main paper tray is empty or the printer did not detect the paper. Make sure that the paper is properly inserted and paper tray is properly aligned. You can also try to clean the rollers of the printer on the front and at the back.

After inserting the paper, press and hold copy and cancel to do the media sensor calibration. Check if the error codes have gone.

Regards! If that helped, don't forget to accept my answer!

no help!!! it won't let me do anyting. printer says paper jam. can't run diagnostic sheet

or anyting. it says paper jam. i turned it off, then back on. the first thing it says paper jam.

george

Technician: Andy, Elec & Comp pro replied 7 years ago
Andy, Elec & Comp pro

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

This problem can happen because of following reasons :

1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to remove all ink cartridges, turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck

2. The electric sensor which receives signal from the mechanical paper sensor to detect jam has issues. Either there is dust on it or its gone bad and needs replacement. You should first open up the printer and blow air in it (using compressed air can) to remove all dust. If it doesnt work then this repair will cost you much more than buying a new Printer. If its in warranty certainly call HP

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.

hi andy. i'm george. i did what you asked but still no good. i ran a printer diagnostic and now getting a 3813 code. i got a 3502 and 3606 last time but now now.

Hi George,

3813 code is a generic error that signifies that either there is a jam in the printer or some mechanical sensor (like door sensor) is malfunctioning.

If you did everything that I said and problem persists, then you need to get the printer repaired by Kodak : contact at 1-800-421-6699

If not in warranty, it would be cheaper to buy a new printer.

Andy, Elec & Comp pro