Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors in Electronics and Proficient in troubleshooting Computer and Printer-related problems
383181

Brother MFC-6490CW wireless setup. Need help!

Unable to connect MFC-6490CW on to my home network. Using Fios as an internet access.

Sandeep Pamarati :

happy to help you....

in this case need to follow the below steps...

If your Brother machine cannot be found using the Wireless Setup Wizard or the BRAdmin Professional software, check the
following.

1. Check if the wireless connection is working in one of the following ways:

- Checking from the Menu

(For models supporting both wired and wireless network)

i. Press Menu.

ii. Choose Network => WLAN => WLAN Status => Signal.

iii. When the LCD shows the wireless signal strength, the wireless connection is working O.K.
If the LCD shows "None", restart your Brother machine by pressing the On/Off or Power Save key on the control panel.

(For models supporting only wireless network)

iv. Press Menu.

v. Choose Network => WLAN Status => Signal.

vi. When the LCD shows the wireless signal strength, the wireless connection is working O.K.

- Checking from the LCD (if applicable)
When the LCD shows the wireless signal strength, the wireless connection is working O.K. If the LCD shows nothing, restart your Brother machine by pressing the On/Off or Power Save key on the control panel.

2. (For models supporting both wired and wireless network)
Check if the wireless connection is selected for your Brother machine.

i. Press Menu on the control panel.

ii. Press the UP or DOWN ARROW key to select Network and press OK.

iii. Press the UP or DOWN ARROW key to select Network I/F and press OK.

iv. Make sure that WLAN is selected. Press Stop/Exit.
If not, press the UP or DOWN ARROW key to select WLAN and press OK. Then press Stop/Exit.

3. Configure your machine in a wireless network
You can configure your machine in a wireless network using SecureEasySetup™, Wi-Fi Protected Setup or AOSS™ by the wireless setup wizard. This feature will automatically detect which mode your access point uses to configure your machine.

If your machine cannot be configured automatically, click here to open the document and follow the steps.

Let me know if it helps...

Thanks for your time...

JACUSTOMER-buxjbivi- :

I am looking to put this on a wired lan connection not on a wireless. I will accept and pay for this information by will need toget this another way. Thank you anyway.