Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

We have Kodak ESP 5250 printer. Wont print because message

We have Kodak ESP 5250...
We have Kodak ESP 5250 printer. Won't print because message says "replace color cartridge". We don't use color ink in this printer. We have taken the cartridge out and reinstalled same one. Same message. How can we bypass this?
3/8/2011
John, Computer Science Engineer
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts (the hole where the ink comes out) on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
did all of above and again the same message: color ink cartridge needs replacing
OK, two questions: (1) If you try to make a copy from the flatbed glass of the printer, does it work? (2) Are you using genuine Kodak cartridges or generic/refilled ones? Thank you

John Cappucci

(1) no, cannot make copy on flatbed glass

(2) geniune Kodak cartridges only

Ok, thank you!. Unfortunately, if you are using good and genuine Kodak cartridges and you still get the same issue, then the printhead is defective. (The printhead is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page) Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself.

You may prefer a new printer for a better price that a repair. Amazon has very good prices usually with free shipping and no tax. Click here for more info ---> http://tiny.cc/vxym3

Please note I do NOT work for KODAK so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
John, Computer Science Engineer