Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a HP LaserJet P1006 and had a paper jam, now it will…

Customer Question
I have a HP LaserJet...
I have a HP LaserJet P1006 and had a paper jam, now it will not print, apparently the jam is still there after I pulled out the paper. Can you help me? Thanks Marge
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
3/4/2011
Technician: Freddy M., Technician replied 7 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps).
Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.
Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.
Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Please test the machine and let me know the results.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back are appreciated.

Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
The printer cycled but did not feed paper thru or print.
Next using a flashlight look very carefully at both the feeder roller as well as the area around the ink cartridges. Something as small as a pin in either spot can cause this problem.
There is nothing in any of these areas.
You replied within a 3 minutes did you check with a flashlight? Did you remove the toner cartridge in order to check the cartridge/drum area?
Yes, I checked all areas with flashlight including everything on the cartridge.
When you try to print does the feed roller turn?
When we turn it on and hitnthe X button the wheels turn, the paper does not pick up. But when I hit button to print it does not work at all.
Ok hit the X and slightly push a piece of paper to the roller does it get stuck or does it feed through?
The paper does not even start to feed.
Even when you push slightly on the top?
Even when we push on top.
Ok unfortunately then that means the feed roller has failed and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately replacing the roller can sometimes cost more than replacing the machine itself so I suggest calling around for a price first.