Follow these steps to install the printhead and ink cartridges:
Install the Print Head
Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) (A) until it stops.
Close the Document Cover (B) and lift it with the Scanning Unit (Cover).
The Print Head Holder (C) moves to the installation position.
If the Print Head Holder does not move, make sure that the machine is turned on.
For details, refer to 3 to 6 in [ Preparation ]
Firmly lift the part (D) of the Print Head Lock Lever in the Print Head Holder until it stops.
Remove the Print Head from the silver package.
Remove the orange protective cap.
- Do not touch the inside (E) or metal parts (F) of the Print Head. The machine may not print properly if you touch them.
- There may be some ink on the inside of the bag the Print Head comes in, or the inside of the protective cap - this has no effect on print quality. Be careful not to get ink on yourself when handling these items.
Tilt the Print Head forward and set it in place as shown.
- Careful not to hit the Print head against the sides of the holder.
Hold the Print Head Lock Lever firmly and lower it completely.
- Once you have installed the Print Head, do not remove it unnecessarily.
Install the Ink Tanks
(1) Remove the orange tape completely.
(2) Remove the protective film completely.
Hold the ink tank with the orange protective cap (A) pointing up while being careful not to block the L-shape air hole (B).
- Handle the ink tanks carefully. Do not drop or apply excessive pressure to them.
- Be sure to use the supplied ink tanks.
- If the orange tape remains on the L-shape air hole, ink may splash or the machine may not print properly.
- If you push the sides of the ink tank with the L-shape air hole blocked, ink may splash.
Hold the ink tank by its sides and slowly twist the orange protective cap 90 degrees horizontally to remove it off.
Do not push the sides of the ink tank.
- Do not touch the inside (C) of the orange protective cap or the open ink port (D). The ink may stain your hands if you touch them.
Tilt the ink tank, then insert it under the label and against the back end of the slot.
Make sure that the color of the label matches the ink tank.
Press the PUSH mark on the ink tank firmly until it clicks.
When the installation is completed properly, the Ink lamp lights red.
Install all the other ink tanks in the same way according to the color order indicated on the label.
Make sure all the Ink lamps light red.
Lift the Scanning Unit (Cover) (E) slightly, then gently close it.
Make sure the Inner Cover (F) is closed.
Make sure that the LCD changes as shown in the illustration and go to the next step.
Do not press the OK button yet.
- It takes about 4 minutes before the LCD changes.