Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I cant send or receive faxes on my xerox workcentre pe220.

Customer Question
I can't send or receive...
I can't send or receive faxes on my xerox workcentre pe220. It is about 18 months old. It dials the number and then connects but as soon as it starts to send it just stops and says "FaxServer". I also cannot receive faxes although it rings and says it is receiving the fax, it just doesn't print it.

Is there something I can do or do I need a new machine?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
2/11/2011
Technician: Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sandeep Pamarati

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hallo Sir,

Happy to help you...

In this case you have to follow the below steps.....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Contact the Fax Recipient and Make Sure Their Fax Line is Working, Then Try to Send the Fax Again

Sandeep Pamarati :

-----------------------------

Sandeep Pamarati :

Try to Send a Fax Transmission to a Different Remote Fax Machine
Try to send a fax transmission to a different remote fax machine.If the fax is sent successfully, the problem is with the original remote fax machine. Contact the owner of the original fax machine to make sure their machine and / or phone line is functioning properly.

Sandeep Pamarati :

--------------------------------

Sandeep Pamarati :

Disconnect and Reconnect the Telephone Line Cable on the Back of the Machine
Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the telephone line cable that is connected into the port labeled TEL LINE on the back of the machine.

------------------------------------------

Sandeep Pamarati :

Make Sure That the Telephone Line is Operational

Connect a normal telephone, such as a telephone you use in a house, into the telephone jack where you connect the

machine.Pick up the hand set of the telephone and listen for a dial tone.If you can hear a dial tone, dial the telephone number and

listen for the person you are calling to answer. If they answer then the line is working properly.Return the handset to the cradle.

Test for incoming calls. Ask someone you know to call you on the telephone connected to the line. Wait until the telephone rings, and then answer the call. If you can hear the other person that means the line is working properly.

NOTE: If you are unable to make an outbound call and / or receive a call, contact your telephone service provider.

Sandeep Pamarati :

-----------------------------------

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

Hi Sandeep, I have done all of those things - any other suggestions?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Power OFF the Printer, Wait 10 Seconds, Then Power ON
Power OFF the printer using the power switch on the rear, right side of the printer.

Wait 10 seconds, and then power ON.

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay sir....

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

Have tried that too

Sandeep Pamarati :

did you find any error code sir....

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

Line error

Sandeep Pamarati :

okay ...

Sandeep Pamarati :

If you get this error you have to follow the belo options...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Enable or Disable the Error Correction Mode (ECM)
Error Correction Mode helps faxes to be sent to any other ECM-equipped fax machine with poor telephone line quality.
NOTE: If the telephone line quality is poor, it takes more time to send a fax when ECM is enabled.

Press the [Menu] button on the Control Panel until 'Advanced Fax' is displayed on the top line of the Display Screen.Press the [Left] or [Right] arrow button on the Control Panel until 'ECM Mode' is displayed on the bottom line of the Display Screen.Press the [Enter] button on the Control Panel.Press the [Left] or [Right] arrow button to select either [On] to enable ECM, or [Off] to disable ECM.Press the [Enter] button.Press the [Stop / Clear] button on the Control Panel to return to Standby mode.

Sandeep Pamarati :

----------------------------------------

Then

The Receiving Fax Machine did Not Answer or the Line is Busy. Dial the Fax Number Again

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please try to do it will resolve your problem sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you sir....

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

It is on ECM and I have tried all of those things which are all set out in the user manual which I have read myself.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

These are the apted and standard for this problem....

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

Yes?

JACUSTOMER-vxnyfcip- :

So are you telling me that the fax portion of my xerox workstation pe220 is broken?

Sandeep Pamarati :

Yes sir...

Sandeep Pamarati :

in this case you have to contact the xerox service center....

Sandeep Pamarati :

Need a technician sir.... if you need the service details let me know sir....

Sandeep Pamarati :

I will provide for you sir....

Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer