Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

How can I clear the memory of my Brother MFC-490CW printer

? I am unable...
How can I clear the memory of my Brother MFC-490CW printer ? I am unable to send faxes because the memory is full. I have looked in the manual, and cannot find anything about clearing the memory.
2/9/2011
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. The memory clear is carried out as follows

• Press the Menu option.

• Then press either the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Fax and press OK.

• Then press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Setup Receive and press OK.

• Then press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Memory Receive and press OK.

• Finally press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Off and press OK.

• If you have faxes stored in the memory, you will receive one of the following message:

• Erase All Fax (Doc) ?

• Print All Fax?

If you then press 1(Yes), faxes in the memory will be erased or printed before the setting changes. If a backup copy has already been printed it will not be printed again.

If you press 2(No), faxes in the memory will not be erased or printed and the setting will be unchanged
  • JACUSTOMER-toqkfx7z- :

Ok. Did that. Didn't get any message. Will try to send fax again.

JACUSTOMER-toqkfx7z- :

Tried sending fax again. Went through ok. Thanks!

Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent, Engineer
    Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent
    Colin Vincent, Engineer