John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Why wont Kodak printer connect to Wifi?

Why wont the Kodak ESP5250 printer make a connection to the Verizon Wifi Router RN3G0?

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

What Operative System version do you have ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

NOTE: If you have Windows 7 or Vista, please let me know if you have the 32 bit or 64 bit version. Right click the "Computer" icon on your desktop and select Properties to figure it out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Vista 32 bit.

OK, Please follow the steps below:

1- Click here ---> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tutorials/index.jhtml?id=0.1.30.26&lc=en&pq-path=4688&CID=go&idhbx=tutorials
2- Click "Select Product Type" and select "Printers"
3- Click "Select Product Category" and select "All in one printers"
4- Click "Select a topic" and select "ESP 5200 Series Installation"
5- Click GO
6- A new window will appear. Scroll down and click the Number 6 "Setting up your wireless printer".

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Not able to make the connection. Doing the same thing as before. I will try the other Wifi enabled. Bear with me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I still can't make the connection.
Is the printer asking for the network password?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have discovered my wireless gateway uses 64 bit WEp encription. My pc is 32 bit. My pc must be configured for 64 bit during setup. I don't know how to change this setup, can you help me.
Your computer may be 32 bits and the wep encryption 64 bit without any problem. Is the printer asking for the network password?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK. Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->http://wikisend.com/download/967476
Then click "Download file"
Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.
And you will see your password ***** (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both)
Enter the network password ***** the printer asks for it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This program will not download on my computer. I'm sorry, the printer is not asking for a network password. It only wants the WEP key nos.

The network password ***** ***** WEP key (it is the same but with different names).

Why you cannot download the program I sent you?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have solved the problem. My printer is now working