Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

what is error 6000 on a pixma ip6220d

Customer Question
what is error 6000 on a pixma ip6220d
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
1/13/2011
Technician: Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager replied 7 years ago
Tom K
Tom K, Asst. Information Systems Manager

The 6000 error code typically refers to a physical problem with the printer and a piece of hardware is in need of service.

The possible culprits are:

1) Smearing or scratches on the LF slit
film;
clean the LF slit film.
2) Foreign material or paper debris in the
LF drive;
remove foreign material.
3) Cable connection
4) Part replacement:
- LF slit film
- LF timing sensor unit
- Paper feed roller unit
- Logic board
- Paper feed motor

If you give me your zip code I can lookup the closest Canon service center to you where you can have your machine fixed.

this is my wifes printer and when I restart it I hear what sounds like a gear slipping, so I also thought of a hardware failure. I just don't know what LF film is and where to find it

The LF film is deep within the machine and would require completely taking the machine apart. You will need a Canon service tech to do this for you.

Since you mentioned hearing a gear slip, the problem hear is likely the roller or the paper feed motor.

thanks but I think I can find one if needed. think it might be cheaper and easier to by a new printer
That may be the case, but if you printer still has warranty coverage the repairs will be free, or if the part had a recall the repairs would also be free. Are you sure you would not like me to look up the Canon Service Center for you, these can only be looked up specifically on Canons website.
have had the printer about 3-4 yrs. so doubt if any warranty still exists. thanks for your time
No problem. I will have this question closed. You do not need to reply to this message.