Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Canon MP540 printer shows message B200 Printer error has

My Canon MP540 printer shows message "B200 Printer error has occurred. See the manual."

The manual says disconnect the power, then try again, but this has not cleared the fault.

I was copying some pages, I'd done single copies of two sheets, but on the third the above message came up. I had changed the magnification (to 110%) between copies, and also changed the density.
Two of the inks were low, and after the above fault I have replaced them, but the message is still there.
Help please!

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

The B200 error means : "Printhead temperature exceeded".

It means that the printhead ink wells ran out of ink and the printing continued. Printhing without ink in the wells OVERHEATED THE PRINTHEAD NOZZLES and potentially burned them out.

You will get a free printhead replacement or the complete printer will be replaced for free, if the printer is in warranty. Else you will have to get new print heads from them.

Canon Customer Support Center
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET, excluding holidays
Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON (toll free)
1-800-652-2666
TTD: 1-866-251-3752 (toll free)
Email:[email protected]

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid.

(You need to click ACCEPT even if you are a SUBSCRIPTION or TRIAL member)

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.