Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My printer will not print in black ink only prints in color.

Customer Question
The text comes out very...
My printer will not print in black ink only prints in color. The text comes out very light and grey in color, can't see it to read it.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2010
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 6 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please follow the steps below:

1- Remove ALL the ink cartridges from the printer

2- Check that there is no residual tape on the cartridges.

3- Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the printer itself

NOTE: Clean the contacts with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

4- If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging, replace them with genuine and original ones.

5- Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 60 seconds

6- Insert the cartridges and check to see if the issue persists

7- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

8- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
John,

I did everything you said and still no text prints. The funny thing is, it printed the picture that was on the document but still not text.
OK. If you make a copy from the glass, does it work fine?

Thank you

John Cappucci

John,

When you print a calibration sheet from the printer the color and black text shows up. Whenever you print a diagnostic sheet from the printer the Kodak symbol in red ink prints but no text at all.

I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
It prints in color but nothing in black. I noticed the picture that printed had every color but black.
If you make a "BLACK COPY" from the glass, does it work?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Black text printed from the glass comes out very very light grey and hard to see.
Ok, are you using genuine Kodak inks or generic/refilled ones?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Kodak ink.
If you have replaced the cartridges for genuine Kodak ones and you still get the same issue, then the printhead is defective. (The printhead is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page) Unfortunately this can sometimes cost more to replace than the machine itself. If your printer is still in warranty you can call KODAK at 1-800-421-6699 and ask for a free printer replacement.

Please note I do NOT work for KODAK so please do NOT leave me a negative feedback if you are not satisfied with them. Thank you

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

John, Computer Science Engineer
John, Computer Science Engineer