Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Brother printer HL-2170W has a flashing error light and…

Customer Question
My Brother printer HL-2170W has...
My Brother printer HL-2170W has a flashing error light and I cannot determine why it does.

I have checked for trapped paper and I have replaced the toner cartridge.

My email address [email protected]
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Printers
12/11/2010
Technician: Colin Vincent, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer

Colin Vincent :

Hi there. The error light is a fairly generic error as it can have several triggers. A paper jam is one of them but it can jam in multiple locations but also any of the covers being open or not properly closed will also give the error or a corrupted print job sent to the printer. The jam locations can be paper leaving the tray, in the fuser (inside back cover) or behind the cartidge. To troubleshoot, remove the paper tray and check for paper either jammed or partially out of the tray and also inside the fuser via the back cover. Then remove the toner/drum cartridge and check for paper in the imaging area. Then refit everything and make sure both the front and rear covers are securely closed. I would also try removing the usb connection from the pc to eliminate the possibility of the problem comng in the form of a print job in the print queue on the pc. Hopefully the error will clear but if it still persists after those checks then there is likely a stuck paper sensor inside the printer somewhere but you would really need technical eyes to look for that for you as they will know where and what to look for.

Colin Vincent
Colin Vincent, Engineer