The connection of the print head to the printer seems to have become faulty.
The first thing to try here is reseating the print head and ink tanks:
Follow these steps, but since you do not have a new print head, just reinsert the print head after you remove it according to the steps.
Remove the Ink Tanks
- Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the paper output tray.
- Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)
Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.
- Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.
Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.
Top of Page
Removing the Print Head
- Raise the print head lock lever.
- Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.
Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.
1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.
Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side.
If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
2. Open the paper output tray.
Note: When installing the print head, proceed to step 3.
When installing the ink tanks, proceed to step 6.
3. Raise the print head lock lever.
4. Pull out the print head from its package, then remove the orange protective cap from it.
Note: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>.
Doing so may cause printing problems.
5. Place the print head in the holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.
6. Unpack the ink tank and pull the orange tape off completely in the direction of the arrow and remove the film.
Note: Tear the orange tape carefully along the dotted line. If the orange tape remains, printing problems may occur.
7. Remove the orange protective cap located on the bottom of the ink tank by twisting as shown in the diagram.
Note: - Do not touch the ink tank contact <1>. Doing so may occur printing problems. Do not squeeze the side of ink tanks as this may cause the ink to leak out. Do not reattach the protective cap once you have removed it.
8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.
(1) Insert the ink tank into the Print Head.
(2) Press on the 'PUSH' mark on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
(3) Ensure that the ink tank lamp lights red.
Note: <Ink Tank Lamp> You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.
- On: The printer is ready to print.
- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.
- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.
- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.
10. Close the top cover.